BaanKing is managed by it’s owners and all inquiries and bookings are made directly with them. A deposit payment of 50% shall be taken as confirmation of the villa rental terms and conditions that follow:
- A 50% deposit is payable upon booking the villa, the 50% balance becomes payable 8 weeks before the booking commences
- Conﬁrmation of your reservation will be sent by email once the 50% deposit has been received. The booking is not complete unless an email is received from the villa manager conﬁrming the reservation.
- Bookings are for a minimum of 3 nights (7 nights for peak-season).
- Your reservation will include one return airport transfer journey.
- Services provided with your reservation include water, cleaning, laundry (bedding, towels), internet, tv subscription, cooking gas, and all service charges. Your booking does not include mains electricity, which is charged at a rate of 7 baht per kilowatt hour, as determined by the electric meter on the premises. A reading will be made available to guests on arrival and departure, upon where guests can either provide separate payment, or the charge can be deducted from the deposit paid for the villa.
- A security deposit of 20,000 THB is payable before arrival for any damages, the replacement of any breakages, and any additional cleaning required upon departure (such as smoking, upholstery stains, etc.). The security deposit may be used to cover the cost of any additional villa services, or repairs required. The security deposit will be returned to the original ‘host’ guest, less any subsequent costs, upon checking-out from the villa.
- Payments should be by international bank transfer to James King, Kasikorn Bank (SWIFT: KASITHBK), account 021-8-47457-8. The payee should ensure that any funds transferred to the account are not subject to additional bank fees or charges when paid into the account in Thailand.
- Cancellation of a booking more than 30 days before arrival date will result in the deposit being forfeited. Cancellation within 30 days of arrival will result in all rental payments being forfeited. These cancellation charges will also apply in the event of late payment of the balance. Changes to booking dates may be considered a cancellation, and subsequent cancellation charges may be applied. Any changes to original bookings are subject to the villa manager’s approval. Guests should ensure they have comprehensive travel insurance to cover any cancellation charges.
- It is the guests responsibility to inform the villa manager with the correct information regarding arrival details (ﬂight numbers, etc.), should the airport transfer service be required. Check-in time is 15:00, and check-out normally before 11:00. We may be able to accept an earlier check-in, or a later check-out request, depending upon availability. We will help if we can, but we cannot always do this if we have other same-day bookings, and have to prepare the villa for the next guests.
- It is extremely unlikely a booking will have to be cancelled at late notice by the villa owner. This scenario has thankfully not happened as yet. However, should the villa be signiﬁcantly damaged, through malicious action, or an act of nature, rendering it unsuitable for residents to occupy, the villa manager has the right to cancel the booking. In this case, we will do our best to help you ﬁnd an alternative villa for the guests. If this is not possible, we will give a full refund for the rental, less any bank charges.
- For our guests welfare and security the maximum number of guests permitted into the property at any time is strictly limited to the number of guests registered by the villa manager at check-in. An additional charge for a single guest can be agreed by the villa manager, and is charged at 1,500 THB per night, including a single bed, linen and towels for a 13th guest, if the villa is at normal full (12 people) occupancy when booked. The additional bed can only be located in the basement main master bedroom (Room 5). If the villa manager discovers the number of guests at the premises at any time, or staying in the villa, exceeds the persons originally registered without prior approval and payment, the guests will be requested to vacate the villa with immediate effect, and their booking forfeited.
- Pets are not permitted inside the premises, or within the outer boundary of the villa.
- All guests residing at the villa for the booking duration should have full comprehensive travel insurance (including, ﬂight delays, cancellation, loss and damage to baggage and property), and medical insurance (including evacuation / repatriation cover). The villa owner accepts no liability for any claims, including any accidents related to the use of the villa facilities, or third party services such as, but not limited to, watercraft, water sports, car or motorcycle rental. Please note that travel insurance may not provide cover for the use of motorcycles, or any water sport accidents. Please be advised that most motorcycle rentals on Koh Samui are uninsured, so please drive carefully. We accept no liability for any delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events outside our control, such as civil disturbances, ﬁres, ﬂoods, severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government etc. By agreeing to these terms and conditions all guests residing at the villa for the duration of the booking accept the owner is not liable for claims associated with that stated in section 13.
- The villa owner does not accept liability for the loss of any third-party utility services, such as electric power outages, loss of water supply, or internet connection. Koh Samui is a small island, and utility infrastructure, local standards and conditions are less developed on the island than the rest of Thailand. The loss of any third-party utility service is out with the control of the villa owner.
- All guests residing at the property are requested to provide their passport upon arrival, upon where they are then formally registered with the Thai Immigration Authorities. The villa owner is obliged under Thai law to register all guests with the Immigration Authorities. The ‘host’ guest (who makes the booking) must be one of the registered guests at check-in, and is responsible for the appropriate behaviour of all guests residing in the villa. Should any guest act inappropriately in the villa, or with villa staff, the guest will be requested to leave immediately, without compensation. If any guest refuses to leave the villa when requested, or reimburse the villa manager for damage in access of the security deposit for any malicious damage, the Thai Immigration Authorities will act on the owner’s behalf. The guest will held in custody, and not be permitted to leave the island.
- One large (usually blue colour) swimming towel, one white bath towel, and one white hand towel are provided for each guest when checking-in. Beach towels are not provided, and towels are not to be removed from the villa at any time. Towels are generally changed twice weekly, and bed linen weekly, additional changes can be requested to the villa manager if required. When guests check-out if towels are missing then subsequent charges, at the rates outlined in the inventory provided upon check-in, will be deducted from the security deposit. The villa is cleaned three times a week, but can be cleaned daily upon request for a small additional fee.
- Additional villa rental services, such as provision of a chef, car / motorcycle rental, baby-sitter, drivers, etc., can be provided in advance, or upon request, but depend upon availability. Should guests require any of these additional villa services they are advised to book these in advance, especially in high, and peak seasons. The villa manager will ensure high quality and the most reliable services are offered, however, does not accept liability for the conduct of any third-party service staff provided.
- Security safes are provided in all bedrooms in the villa. Guests are advised that the safes provided are used to store valuable items such as passports, cash, traveller’s cheques, mobile phones, cameras, etc. Any valuables left at the property are the guests’ sole responsibility. The owner does not accept liability for any loss or damage to any guests personal property, or valuables. It is the responsibility of the guests residing at the villa to ensure that all doors and windows are locked at night ,and when the villa is unoccupied during their stay. The property has full 24- hour CCTV coverage, that is permanently monitored off-site.
- By accepting the terms and conditions guests are expected to take due care when staying in or around the villa, and be especially careful of children playing in the gardens, near or in the pool, or Jacuzzi’s. Guests are not permitted to enter the villa when wet from swimming, or from the jacuzzi’s, as the ﬂoors can be very slippery. The villa owner accepts no liability for any damage or injury arising as a result due diligence not being adhered to whilst residing at the villa.
Upon conﬁrmation of the booking these Terms and Conditions detailed are agreed and accepted by both parties (villa manager and ‘host’ guest).
We hope you enjoy your stay at the villa.